Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Day at the Zoo





Wednesday we had a day at the Sedgwick County Zoo - what a day it was. Brady loves the zoo!! This is only his second time, and thanks to Diego he loves animals so much. We had a blast watching them all, feeding some and discovering the cool things this place has to offer. Mac was not afraid of anything and got right in the animals faces, Brady too was so interested in them and didn't wince at anything. Tony, having grown up in Montana, commented about all the animals he's shot and eaten or seen and experienced the furry of.... and then there was me. I discovered something I didn't really know about myself that day, I don't really like animals - (does that make me a bad person?). They kind of scare me, I don't know why but even the gentle ones freak me out a bit. I couldn't feed the giraffe and any time he got near me I squirmed away. My 1 year old was right up in their faces and I was running away, is that normal? Tony even called me a city slicker.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Being honest about it is your first step towards freedom! I came to admit this Truth about me a few years back and although it felt like an awful thing to say (on the same level as not liking babies and puppies) I found it brought me a great deal of relief. I appreciate animals. Just don't want to spend a lot of time with them. Ironic that we hung out in a zoo in D.C., huh? :-)