Thursday, April 30, 2009

I'll kick you birds


So I just have to write this for memory sake. The summer before last we took a little mini trip to Ocean City as a family. The weather wasn't the best but we had a good time anyway. One thing I wanted to do with Brady is take him to feed the seagulls on the beach, a thing I loved to do with my dad. The problem was that since it was September these poor fat seagulls were starving. Brady had just turned 2 and Mac was only 8 months. When we started throwing out bread, the swarmed us and I was for real afraid. They were hovering right at my face and I paniced, Brady was at my feet crying and crying and he knew I was scared. Finally, I threw the bread and tried to grab him and run away. It was an embarassing and scary experience. Well for the rest of the weekend Brady was so scared of the seagulls and any time we had food they were right on top of us. We tried to help him be brave but he wasn't too good at speaking yet. We told him when the birds came up to him to just say "I'll kick you birds!" and run after them. The way he said it, it sounded like "I'll kick 'ew birds"... it was so funny. It worked a little bit. The funniest part though, is when we got home after a few weeks we were playing outside on the driveway with a bunch of toys and we heard the sweet little tweet tweet of a PA brid above us on the telephone wire. Out of nowhere Brady looked up at him and said (in his toughest voice) "I'll kick ew bird".

No comments: