Sunday, November 9, 2008

Our First Day in Greece

Today (Sunday) was our first day in Greece. When we crossed the boarder from Macedonia I saw a Greek flag standing alone and I have to admit it gave me goose bumps, I almost cried, this is my new home. It was sad leaving our country and everything we know but we are excited for what lies ahead and it is such an honor to follow the Lord. I've been really excited about it with the boys, we sing songs and cheer but the task ahead is a bit daunting. We were supposed to look at houses today but as often happens it didn't work out. We'll look tomorrow and do some shopping. PRAY THAT WE FIND THE RIGHT PLACE. There are so many things to think about. We want to be close to a bus stop, have a good landlord, be close to other kids, be near the school, etc. - We just need the Lord's wisdom. We met Sophie today, she is a Greek lady who worked for a former missionary and has agreed to help us out too. Her advice and help is vital and already she has done so much for us, we are very grateful for her help. One thing is for sure it feels good to be here after 2 years of talking about it.

6 comments:

Kay said...

Oh Jamie, I am so excited to hear that you are there and things are going well! I am praying for you guys and the house situation. I know God will bless you with the perfect little house! Love you and praying for you! Kay

ritt said...

I'm so excited for you and praying for you in the whirlwind of emotions that I know accompanies this time! Praying for everything you want & need in this house and for nothing but joy during this transition. Love 2 u!

Annie Chase said...

Jamie! How exciting. I can't even imagine the excitement. I love you guys and I'm praying that you'll receive more and more confirmation of God's perfect will in your life. Love, Annie

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
Your sister told me that Friday that you guys landed and were ok. A prayer answered. Then I heard you guys found a great lady to help you...A prayer answered...Then I heard you found a home...stink, another prayer answered...He is so great and faithful...I am so excited that I'm going to sing and dance after I send this email. I love you guys:)

lori bunk said...

wow... big changes!! know that you have a prayer partner in michigan. i'm excited to hear what God is doing thru you guys!

jamiecbass said...

thank you ladies for all of your encouragement and prayers!