Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving


Oh my do we have so much to be thankful for. It rolls over and over in my mind minute after minute. Truthfully, I do not believe that things could have been any better, however, the uncertainty was a very heavy burden to bear. Right now I am sitting at my kitchen table typing my thoughts on my home internet in my own house. Really just that is so much to be thankful for. We came to Europe on Nov. 5. We flew into Skopia and adjusted for a few days. We came to Thess on Sunday and found a house by Wed. On Thursday we moved in and have been working to get settled ever since. The days between Sunday and Wednesday were overwhelmed with uncertainty though. There is a lady here named Sophie, she is an amazing woman and has helped us do everything here, we would not be where we are without her. Before we found a house she allowed us to stay at her aunts apartment which saved us so much money. Those were the hardest days. It is a difficult thing learning a new culture and without our own place it was maddening. The boys were always getting in trouble, and we couldn't rest. We were stressed and depressed and disconnected. One night I was praying with the boys, and I ALWAYS begin my prayers with thanksgiving - but as they were both laying on this pull out couch in granny's apartment I could think of nothing to say besides "Help us Jesus" with tears rolling down my checks trying to be positive and strong. Now I am a little embarrassed by my lack of thanksgiving because in reality there is always so much but that has been my spiritual low and I am sure Christ understands, for he answered my prayers and has helped us tremendously. The very next day we found our house and have been moving forward ever since. So this Thanksgiving didn't feel very much like our traditional Turkey Day but we have oh so much to be thankful for. On another positive note: There is an American Farm School here in Thess and I've been told you can buy Turkeys there for Thanksgiving and Christmas - oh la la

No comments: