Monday, January 19, 2009

The Big Guy


Before Christmas we were going to dinner at Sophie's house and we passed the toy store near our house called Kou Kou. It was crazy busy with shoppers and I witnessed an employee carry this Playmobile guy out to the dumpster and lay it behind the already filled bin. I sort of went crazy thinking "is he really throwing that away?" - so after 5 hours or so we drove home passing the same store and dumpster. I couldn't resist I just had to have my own 5ft. playmobil guy so we moved in for an inspection. It was sort of embarassing, I am not quite sure if that is allowed here because no one else had taken hold of this treasure but I couldn't allow it to be thrown away so - we took it and gave it a new home. He is slightly injured but I'm pretty sure with a little love he'll survive (if my boys don't destroy him themselves). It's so funny, they call him Big Guy and I often hear them hitting him in the stomach. We did have him in the guest room but Mac wouldn't go downstairs he kept saying "Big Guy (s)care me" it makes me laugh every time.

No comments: