Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Service of My Own

Oh goodness, I had to do my own missions service tonight and it was so stressful. Speaking isn't stressful - well maybe a little... but having to speak and take care of my boys that is one big stress ball. I think perhaps people think I have it all together but in reality I am one toddler meltdown from a personal crisis. Oh these years, what to say. The church was in Newport, PA and it was such a neat place. Pastor Gary Bellis was so kind and he has invested so much in his people and has allowed them to do ministry. There were puppets and dramas and it was a great missions service. I thought it would be rough at first with all the kids, teens, and adults together, but they were such a great group, I've never experienced such an attentive group and they were a big group too. My hat goes off to Newport! Thanks.

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I'm sure you did a great job, girlfriend!

Next time, just pretend you are at a table at a wedding with a bunch of crazy people and it will be easy!

Hernandos said...

I miss you!

Anonymous said...

You all look so cool in your shades in Mexico. I'm glad your itineration has been so enjoyable. Every time I see a TV commercial for GREEK, I think of you and pray for you. That's not the only time, of course, but it is nice to have the extra reminder:)