Thursday, May 1, 2008

Bitter Sweet


I have been working this week on consigning a lot of my baby stuff. In a way it is so nice to get rid of all this stuff because it takes up so much space but in another way it was sad to see it leave in the hands of someone else. I chose to sell a lot of my stuff at Just Like New Kids Consignment Sale in Carlise and it was a good move. After only the preview sale I made almost $300. The thing is that I won't be able to take all my stuff to Greece and I don't want to pay to store it all either. It is one of those moments when I am griped with the reality of moving and having to purge my stuff. Bitter Sweet.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Maybe misery just loves company, but it makes me feel better knowing you feel that way. When I think of having to sell my wonderful bed before leaving for Thailand, it makes me very sad. It's not just the actual bed, but the finality of the action...
I know my assignment can't be compared to yours, but just having a slight idea of what you're going through really, really makes me admire you!! You guys are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

moving...fun times isn't it? Well I'm still very excited for you guys! And I hope to see you this summer in PA! :o) Love ya! -Riley.