Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Furniture Shopping with Brady & Mac


I remember furniture shopping when I was a kid. My brother, sister and I would get spanked every time and I never knew why, until now. It's like my kids have a crazy switch that they turn on every time we walk into a furniture store. They are out of control and it is highly embarrassing. I never realized how loud Brady talks but I feel like we are always telling him to talk quieter. The try to jump on every couch and climb on every table - they are animals and I have yet to find a way to make them behave. It is a loosing battle. Praise the Lord for IKEA. This has been our most visited store. Thess has a ton of furniture stores but they are so expensive and we have a limited budget - besides what you pay for what you get is outrageous. So having looked around we have come to the conclusion that IKEA is about half the price of the other stores and about 1/3 more from the states so all things considered we've bought about 90% of our stuff from there. Needless to say we've been putting together a lot of stuff since we moved in and Tony is beginning to think like IKEA.

The best part about IKEA is that they have a kids play place that you can drop your kids off while you shop. Kids have to be 3 years old so Mac doesn't qualify which upsets him but Brady loves it. The first time we went to the store I told Brady that he could only go in there if he went by himself and that nobody could go with him. He wasn't ready but by trip 3 he begged us to go in, understanding that he would be alone. I didn't want to discourage him even though I knew it would be hard since most 3-10 year olds are not bilingual. It turned out that he had a great time and has gone in to play every time since. I have to admit, I was shocked and very pleased that he did this all on his own. He will often ask to go back to IKEA and play, so I can't wait till Mac can go too. Actually, Tony asked Brady what country we live in and he said IKEA - and Mac can spot the building.

No comments: