Wednesday, December 10, 2008

In Style


We brought 12 suitcases to Greece most of them filled with clothes and a few things it was too hard to leave behind - but mostly clothes. That was sort of a mistake. I wouldn't say that I am the most stylish of almost 30 year olds but I do try to keep up with things. Unfortunately here I dress more like the 60 year old women which wouldn't matter if I was going home in a few days but since I live here I am going to have to try. These sunglasses I fell in love with when we visited the Cullens in Houston. Through some ebay sales I was able to buy them from the Sunglass Hut and back home I really didn't see anyone else with them or really with even a similar style which made me feel like perhaps I had made a bad choice. The good news is they are a very popular style here and so when my clothes don't fit in at least my sunglasses do. You see they wear things very tight here, which is a little slinky back home. Before we left I lost some weight too so my clothes were already a little too big and now they are about 2 sizes too big. Another thing that they do here is boots over their tight pants - every day, everywhere. I am not against this fashion choice I just never felt like it was me - but now I am in the market for some over the jeans boots. Even older ladies are more fashionable so this Christmas I am going to try and Europeanize my waredrobe, Tony is too so who knows what we'll be wearing the next time we're back.

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I hope you will be posting some pictures of your new Euro style. I am sure you will be hip in whatever you wear as long as your wear your cool sunglasses. :-)

Kara said...

I can only hope there are some chic Euro-mullets in the Sebastian family future.

Anonymous said...

Hey, it sounds like it'll be kind of fun getting a new look. Be sure to post some pics:)