Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Brady and his Bwankie




For our Montana shower one of Tony's best friends growing up, Lisa, gave Brady a nice soft blanket that is tan and white. It quickly became his most treasured possession. For a while he called it his Nigha Night. It is very common for boys to clinge to some form of security, whether it be a blanket or a pacifier or a stuffed animal. They say it helps them learn to cope with emotions because it can be a constant in an ever changing world. Mac also has a blanket that is soft and blue and Brady often times steals it to make him cry. Recently Brady has developed the perfect way to hold his blanket. He wraps it around his pointer finger. Sometimes he makes a loop for his finger. The cutest thing is that the other day he and Mac were sitting together and Brady made Mac a loop for his finger - sharing his blankie. If that isn't true love, I don't know what is. Today I asked him who his best friend was and without delay he said MAC - I asked "what about me?" and he reassured me that he loved me by gently stroking my checks but that Mac was his best friend. It is so precious when the are good to each other.

No comments: