Sunday, May 25, 2008

NYC




I heart NY for sure. Tony and I had a quick trip to the big apple to do some missionary stuff and to spend some time with some people we love (mostly each other). While we were there we were able to run into his youth pastor and one of our heros Doug Reed. We always try to do something we've never done before, unfortuneatly this time Tony wanted to go to a Yankees game -- ug that is all I have to say. I grew up a Baltimore fan and have therefore HATED the Yankees but I like to do things Tony wants. They were playing the Orioles so I was hoping for an Os win but not this time. Before the game we ate at this Greek diner and had great Gyros. The next day we got to do things for me. First we met up with some of him high school youth group friends and saw a part of their city. Jeremy and Ritt are working so hard to do something significant in Forest Hills and peoples lives are being changed. I have so much respect for them and what they are doing. It made my heart was so happy to see my pal SHmal and her boy Judah who was one of Brady's first pals. It was the only time I was sad my boys weren't there with us, they would have loved playing with Judah and Carter. Afterward we headed back to Manhattan. We had dinner at Carmines as recommended by P.Dan and then saw the musical Hairspray. We had great tix and enjoyed it very much. It was a great time. We even got to stay in the city in a fantastic hotel right across from Madison Square Garden. Getaways are the best and Saturday morning I was so excited to hang out with my boys.

No comments: